The term designer diamond rings says different things to different people.
Each and every diamond ring has to be gorgeously designed in order for it to attract you.
You are probably looking for rings that carry the name or signature of the top designers in the business.
The likes of Tiffany, Cartier and Boucheron. We will look at each of them individually later.
Lets look at some of the pros and cons of designer diamond rings by famous designers and unknown designers.
- You can get designer rings designed by unknown designers at very reasonable prices.
On the other hand, the top designers charge a premium as they have built both a good reputation and a following.
- The variety of rings by unknown designers is very large and varied while those by famous designers are limited; this is both due to capacity and to create appeal.
After all, how will a Cartier piece stand out from the rest if everyone is wearing the same thing?
- Famous designers do have very unique pieces as they are targeting a very niche market while unknown designers will most likely make unique pieces as custom jobs.
- You can be sure you are getting what you pay for with say Tiffany designer diamond engagement rings as opposed to unknown designers.
This is because Tiffany’s will stand by their product without question!
- Each and every component of your ring from the stone to the metal or metals will be put on paper down to the last carat and gram of metal.
- The level of workmanship on a famous designer diamond will be higher than that of an unknown designer.
Why you ask? Well, famous designers have some of the best craftsmen working for them.
- Prestige is also a major factor when it comes to choosing a famous designer over an unknown designer.
- When you wear a Lawrence Graff diamond ring, the sheer beauty, elegance of it & the fact that people will recognise it from the magazines they saw it in keeps you a cut above the rest.
- The downside for most people is that famous designers are not very concerned about the price of the final item which normally makes it unaffordable for most people.
The opposite is normally true for unknown designers who target clients both budget and premium clients.
Lets now look at some of the famous names in designer rings.
Tiffany: This is one of the premier houses in diamond jewellery and has been in the business for over 150 years.
They are known for excellence & the Tiffany diamond a Yellow fancy diamond is on display at their New York outlet.
Harry Winston: Has always been associated with diamonds.
It began while Harry assisting his father learn’t about diamonds & acquired the design collection of Arabella Huntington.
He then redid the designs, attracted a royal following and grew in to a huge empire with designer diamond rings at the hub of his business.
Cartier: This is a name that needs no introduction. Cartier has been and still is popular with celebrities and royalty.
It was founded by Jacques, Pierre & Louis Cartier in Paris.
They like Tiffany’s set high standards of excellence, which they have kept to the present day.
Versace, J. Conran, Bruce Oldfield and Vivienne Westwood are the other famous designers who are among the best at making designer rings & whose designs mesmerize women the world over.